San Mateo, CA
posted September 19, 2023
$20.00 per hour
Opportunity: Room Attendant
Clean and maintain guest rooms to ensure rooms meet established standards.
Your Growth Path
Housekeeping Supervisor – Assistant Executive Housekeeper – Executive Housekeeper
- Greet guests upon interaction with a warm and friendly greeting.
- Clean guest rooms according to standards within the allotted time frame by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming.
- Change bed linens and replace towels and other amenities.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures; dust furniture, walls or equipment.
- Notify managers concerning the need for repairs in guest rooms.
- Process guest items left in rooms according to lost and found policy.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform house person and lobby attendant duties when short staffed or during peak periods.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Your Background and Skills
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience required or equivalent training.
- Understand and communicate in English.
HHM Hotels Benefits and Perks
- Competitive wages for full time and part time opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Referral Bonus Program
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing and pulling, reaching, bending, squatting, kneeling, lifting up to 20 pounds and use of cleaning chemicals.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
This San Francisco Airport Hotel is near it all. Here in San Mateo, CA, our hotel's guests can easily get to all the attractions and businesses of the San Francisco Bay area. In addition, a free shuttle runs between San Francisco Airport (SFO) and the Holiday Inn® & Suites San Mateo - San Francisco SFO.
This hotel is ideal for every corporate traveler. Use the 24-hour Business Center and free Wi-Fi access to keep in contact with the office anytime. Over 2,500 sq ft of meeting space is available in three rooms, so you can host your next event with us. Since we're near SFO, the hotel is moments from Tech, Pharmaceutical, and Corporate, too.
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
To see other opportunities at this location, click here.