posted September 19, 2023
Opportunity: Line Cook
Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and established guest service and sustainability standards.Your Growth Path
Lead Cook – Sous Chef – Assistant to the Head Chef
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards.
- Begin food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over-prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Hersha Hospitality standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set-up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on the next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover and date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, and control food waste, loss and usage per Hersha Hospitality standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen tools and equipment.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
Your Background and Skills
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of related experience.
HHM Benefits and Perks
- Competitive wages for full time and part time opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Referral Bonus Program
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We BelievePeople Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
Exquisite Location of this Downtown Philadelphia Hotel
The Rittenhouse Hotel is the most prestigious Philadelphia Pennsylvania hotel address. Consistently recognized not only as the premier choice of five-diamond Philadelphia luxury hotels, The Rittenhouse is also ranked among the world´s finest places to stay. Featuring all of the unique historic charm and residential ambience of Rittenhouse Square, our Philadelphia luxury hotel is convenient walking distance from major museums, cultural attractions, world-class shopping, and the business district. Experience the luxury of five-diamond service and accommodations at the premier choice of Philadelphia Pennsylvania hotels.
This property is a part of the Echelon Luxury & Lifestyle division of HHM Hotels.
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
To see other opportunities at this location, click here.