posted August 31, 2023
Opportunity: Sous Chef - CBD Provisions
Assist the Executive Chef in the preparation of food and oversight of kitchen operations in accordance with established food quality, guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Executive Sous Chef – Chef – Executive Chef
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Oversee preparation and production of menus, development and execution of recipes.
- Manage kitchen operations and assigned staff.
- Ensure staff prepares menu items following recipes and yield guides, in accordance with department standards.
- Develop new menu items, test and create recipes.
- Trains, develops and evaluates personnel with regard to proper use of standard kitchen equipment and tools, techniques and skills.
- Supervise kitchen personnel to ensure that methods of cooking, garnishes and portion sizes are as prescribed.
- Manage budget, monitor costs and operating needs in keeping with overall containment of unnecessary expenditures.
- Direct and develop skills of the team to the achievement of department and area goals.
- Evaluate all direct reports and conduct introductory period and annual performance reviews.
- Maintain an open door policy and address all team member issues and/or concerns in a timely manner.
- Conduct divisional/departmental staff meetings on a monthly basis.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Degree or certification from an accredited culinary program preferred.
- 3 years experience in a managerial position of an upscale and/or high volume food service establishment required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, using fingers and hands, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
The Joule is a revitalized 1920s neo-Gothic landmark building set in the heart of Dallas’ central business district. With dramatic art installations, unique retail boutiques, a world-class spa, clever design, award-winning food and drinks and some of the best service in town, The Joule is seen as the city’s cultural epicenter. Adjacent to the Dallas Arts District and the flagship Neiman Marcus, the hotel is perfectly positioned when guests finally do venture out of the hotel’s communal embrace.
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
Current Job Openings
Current Job Openings
- Director of Communications
- Massage Therapist
- Cook - CBD Provisions
- Sous Chef - CBD Provisions
- Cocktail Server - Midnight Rambler
- Director of Restaurants and Bars
- Room Attendant / Housekeeper
- Doorperson - Midnight Rambler
- Public Area Attendant
- Turndown Attendant
- Restaurant Server - Sassetta
- AV Technician
- Spa Supervisor
- Housekeeping House Attendant
- Host - Sassetta
- Spa Attendant
- Guest Service Agent
- Engineer (Hotel Maintenance)
- Steward - Sassetta
- Banquet Sous Chef
- Bartender - Midnight Rambler
- Assistant Restaurant Manager - Sassetta
- Lobby Bartender