posted August 30, 2023
Prepare food items according to recipes and standards, taking pride in the excellence and quality of cuisine, while maintaining a safe and sanitary work environment.
Potential Career Path
Lead Cook – Sous Chef – Executive Chef – Food and Beverage Director
Essential Job Functions
- Follow recipes to prepare food items accordingly.
- Wash, peel, and cut fruits and vegetables; cut, trim, or clean meat.
- Prepare appetizers, salads, or cold dishes.
- Bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods.
- Bake breads, rolls, or other baked goods.
- Portion, arrange, and garnish food for pick up by server or deliver to guests.
- Maintain clean and sanitized work areas such as cutting boards, counters and work spaces.
- Secure and store food items properly.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow safe food handling procedures.
- Follow guidelines related to sustainability practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits and wear protective safety equipment.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma preferred.
- Previous culinary experience or equivalent training required.
- Department of Health Sanitation certificate may be required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
The Joule is a revitalized 1920s neo-Gothic landmark building set in the heart of Dallas’ central business district. With dramatic art installations, unique retail boutiques, a world-class spa, clever design, award-winning food and drinks and some of the best service in town, The Joule is seen as the city’s cultural epicenter. Adjacent to the Dallas Arts District and the flagship Neiman Marcus, the hotel is perfectly positioned when guests finally do venture out of the hotel’s communal embrace.
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
Current Job Openings
Current Job Openings
- Director of Communications
- Massage Therapist
- AV Technician
- Spa Attendant
- Host - Sassetta
- Banquet Sous Chef
- Housekeeping House Attendant
- Engineer (Hotel Maintenance)
- Steward - Sassetta
- Guest Service Agent
- Bartender - Midnight Rambler
- Cocktail Server - Midnight Rambler
- Cook - CBD Provisions
- Sous Chef - CBD Provisions
- Doorperson - Midnight Rambler
- Lobby Bartender
- Restaurant Server - Sassetta
- Spa Supervisor
- Director of Restaurants and Bars
- Room Attendant / Housekeeper
- Public Area Attendant
- Turndown Attendant
- Assistant Restaurant Manager - Sassetta