posted September 18, 2023
Opportunity: Restaurant Server
A destination of its own, Sassetta is nestled within the Main Street lobby of The Joule and offers a relaxed, yet elevated dining experience with creative interpretations of modern Italian cuisine. With a spirit of la bella vita, Sassetta’s lunch, afternoon, and dinner menus feature housemade pastas, regional wines, perfectly blistered pizzas and lively cocktails. Your position will be determined by your initial skill and experience with potential for advancement and training you’ll receive on the job. Your culinary passion, reliability, determined work ethic, ability to work collaboratively, and attention to detail will determine your success.
Potential Career Path
Restaurant Supervisor/Banquet Server/Captain – Restaurant Manager – Banquet Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Take food and beverage orders and place order in point of service system.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Set and clear tables in dining areas.
- Stock service stations with items such as ice, napkins, or straws.
- Pick up order from food preparation areas and ensure food is prepared accordingly.
- Prepare guest check and if appropriate complete payment transaction.
- Perform other food and beverage functions such as bartending and bussing in the event of staff staffing shortages or peak periods.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous food and beverage experience required or equivalent training.
- Knowledge of POS system.
- TIPS certification preferred.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
The Joule is a revitalized 1920s neo-Gothic landmark building set in the heart of Dallas’ central business district. With dramatic art installations, unique retail boutiques, a world-class spa, clever design, award-winning food and drinks and some of the best service in town, The Joule is seen as the city’s cultural epicenter. Adjacent to the Dallas Arts District and the flagship Neiman Marcus, the hotel is perfectly positioned when guests finally do venture out of the hotel’s communal embrace.
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
Current Job Openings
Current Job Openings
- Director of Communications
- Massage Therapist
- AV Technician
- Spa Supervisor
- Housekeeping House Attendant
- Cocktail Server - Midnight Rambler
- Director of Restaurants and Bars
- Room Attendant / Housekeeper
- Lobby Bartender
- Doorperson - Midnight Rambler
- Public Area Attendant
- Turndown Attendant
- Cook - CBD Provisions
- Sous Chef - CBD Provisions
- Bartender - Midnight Rambler
- Assistant Restaurant Manager - Sassetta
- Restaurant Server - Sassetta
- Host - Sassetta
- Spa Attendant
- Guest Service Agent
- Engineer (Hotel Maintenance)
- Steward - Sassetta
- Banquet Sous Chef