posted September 18, 2023
$20.00 per hour
Opportunity: Restaurant Expeditor
Ensure all food is prepared at the appropriate time and delivered to the correct guest in a timely and efficient manner.
*This is a tipped position.Potential Career Path
Restaurant Server – Restaurant Captain – Restaurant ManagerEssential Job Functions
- Reports to the Restaurant Manager for Daily Tasks.
- Runs the expediting pass, including food running when necessary.
- Must greet and acknowledge guests as soon as they enter the restaurant with a warm and welcome manner.
- Maintains sanitation and cleanliness, setting up the pass & dining room for each scheduled service period.
- Assists in storing, organizing service related goods & deliveries when applicable.
- Responsible for stocking all of the condiments, utensils in the beverage area.
- Filing of coffee and teapots.
- Responsible for maintaining common work spaces, contributing to work productivity in all service facets.
- Maintain the appearance of patio furniture, restaurant dining room. executing consistency with opening and closing duties.
- Responsible for pulling in signs and shutting down the Food Pavilion.
- Know menu pricing, location of items and specials.
- Know how each product is prepared along with its condiments.
- Know how to operate all line equipment.
Maintains sanitation and cleanliness at all times.
- Exhibits a "can do" attitude and total cooperation.
- Reports safety issues and quality/spoilage issues.
- GED or high school equivalent.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Ability to work flexible schedules; including holidays, weekends, and evenings
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule may vary and will include working on holidays and weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 30 pounds, bending and reaching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette - the culinary destination of the Monterey area. Salt Wood features three distinct dining environments - a full-service dining room, lively bar and lounge and al fresco dining patio. Our experiential oyster bar and central live-fire kitchen act as the heart and hearth of the restaurant. From cocktails on the patio to large group parties held in our multifunctional meeting space and private dining rooms, Salt Wood offers an experience like no other.
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
To see other opportunities at this location, click here.
Current Job Openings
Current Job Openings
- Sous Chef
- Host / Hostess - Salt Wood Restaurant
- Entremetier Cook - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette
- Purchasing Coordinator
- Oysterette Cook - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette
- Restaurant Server - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette (PM)
- Bartender - Salt Wood Restaurant (PM)
- Room Service Server - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette
- Food / Buffet Runner - Salt Wood Restaurant
- Server Assistant
- Steward - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette (AM)
- Restaurant Supervisor - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette (AM)
- Breakfast / Lunch Cook - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette
- Restaurant Expeditor