posted September 18, 2023
Opportunity: Assistant Restaurant Manager
Assist in the effective management and direction of restaurant operations in accordance with established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Restaurant or Banquet Manager– Food and Beverage Manager – Food and Beverage Director
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Ensure that food quality is consistent, appealing, and prepared to guest specifications.
- Interact with guests to obtain feedback on quality of service and food in outlet.
- Ensure that the restaurant complies with sanitation and safety standards for guests and associates.
- Resolve guest complaints and coordinate with other department leaders to resolve service delivery or quality breakdowns.
- Check that all equipment is in working order.
- Follow up on work orders so repairs and maintenance of facility are completed on a timely basis.
- Document inventory forecast usage and monitor supply.
- Abide by all state, federal and corporate requirements pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages.
- Oversee serving staff to ensure proper liquor controls are in place and all Hersha cash handling policies and procedures are followed. Comply with all Hersha accounting policies in order to ensure SOX compliance.
- Participate in marketing efforts of restaurants, create menu ideas, survey competition and report food trends, and assist in preparation of specials.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Associate degree preferred.
- 2-5 years restaurant experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and will include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
The Joule is a revitalized 1920s neo-Gothic landmark building set in the heart of Dallas’ central business district. With dramatic art installations, unique retail boutiques, a world-class spa, clever design, award-winning food and drinks and some of the best service in town, The Joule is seen as the city’s cultural epicenter. Adjacent to the Dallas Arts District and the flagship Neiman Marcus, the hotel is perfectly positioned when guests finally do venture out of the hotel’s communal embrace.
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
Current Job Openings
Current Job Openings
- Director of Communications
- Massage Therapist
- AV Technician
- Spa Attendant
- Host - Sassetta
- Room Attendant / Housekeeper
- Spa Supervisor
- Director of Restaurants and Bars
- Doorperson - Midnight Rambler
- Lobby Bartender
- Restaurant Server - Sassetta
- Assistant Restaurant Manager - Sassetta
- Banquet Sous Chef
- Housekeeping House Attendant
- Engineer (Hotel Maintenance)
- Steward - Sassetta
- Guest Service Agent
- Bartender - Midnight Rambler
- Cocktail Server - Midnight Rambler
- Cook - CBD Provisions
- Sous Chef - CBD Provisions
- Public Area Attendant
- Turndown Attendant