posted November 20, 2023
$19.00 to $25.00 per hour
Opportunity: Entremetier Cook
Hourly service ranging from 1pm - 11pm. Entremetier Cooks will be cooking on the hotline alongside our chefs, assisting in picking up 4-6 entrees, including local fish and market vegetables. Experience is necessary for this position. A strong work ethic and a desire to learn new techniques is a must. Reliability and flexibility are highly considered during our application process.
Pay rate will depend on experience.Potential Career Path
Tournant – Sous Chef – Banquet Chef – Executive Sous Chef
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards.
- Begin food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over-prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Hersha Hospitality standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set-up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, and control food waste, loss and usage per Hersha Hospitality standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen tools and equipment.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Positive mental attitude.
- 2 years of relevant experience.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
The current team at Salt Wood is determined to consistently create a thoughtfully nuanced experience throughout a variety of hospitality offerings. We ask all of our team members to participate in knowledgeable and respectful communication with guests and each other, coming to work with a desire to learn and work together. Each position in our team requires teamwork, a flexible schedule, an ability to stay calm within a busy environment, most of all the ability to multitask and stay organized.
Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette - the culinary destination of the Monterey area. Salt Wood features three distinct dining environments - a full-service dining room, lively bar and lounge and al fresco dining patio. Our experiential oyster bar and central live-fire kitchen act as the heart and hearth of the restaurant. From cocktails on the patio to large group parties held in our multifunctional meeting space and private dining rooms, Salt Wood offers an experience like no other.
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
To see other opportunities at this location, click here.
Current Job Openings
Current Job Openings
- Oysterette Cook - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette
- Restaurant Supervisor - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette
- Restaurant Server - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette (PM)
- Bartender - Salt Wood Restaurant (PM)
- Entremetier Cook - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette
- Breakfast / Lunch Cook - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette
- Server Assistant
- Host / Hostess- Salt Wood Restaurant
- Steward - Salt Wood Kitchen & Oysterette (AM)