El Paso, TX
posted September 18, 2023
Opportunity: Line Cook
Prepare food items in accordance with production requirements and established guest service and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Lead Cook – Sous Chef – Assistant to the Head Chef
Essential Job Functions
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and production and portion standards.
- Begin food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure not to over-prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate per Hersha Hospitality standards, making sure that all perishables are kept at proper temperatures.
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation, freezer pull and line set-up. Note any out-of-stock items or possible shortages.
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated storage areas, being sure to cover and date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost problems, and control food waste, loss and usage per Hersha Hospitality standards.
- Operate, maintain and properly clean kitchen tools and equipment.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 years of related experience.
HHM Benefits and Perks
- Competitive wages for full time and part time opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Referral Bonus Program
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 50 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
This property is a part of the Echelon Luxury & Lifestyle division of HHM Hotels.
HHM Hotels is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other group protected by law.
To see other opportunities at this location, click here.
Current Job Openings
Current Job Openings
- Line Cook
- Night Auditor
- Public Area Attendant (Overnight)
- Engineer (Hotel Maintenance)
- Food & Beverage Manager
- Tequila Conocedor
- House Attendant
- Phone Operator
- Director of People Support
- Restaurant Server
- Turndown Attendant
- Room Attendant / Housekeeper
- Cocktail Server
- Laundry Attendant
- Guest Service Agent
- Room Service Server
- Banquet Bartender
- Kitchen Supervisor