Sanctuary Beach Resort
posted May 26, 2023
$20.00 per hour
Opportunity: Guest Service Agent
Greet, register and service guests in a friendly and courteous manner according to hotel/brand and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Front Desk Supervisor or Sales Coordinator – Front Office Manager or Sales Manager
- Immediately greet guest and offer to assist with their needs.
- Register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Establish method of payment and verify credit.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or PMS system.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely manner.
- Receive and resolve guest complaints, elevating to supervisor if necessary.
- Secure guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit boxes, if not available in guest rooms.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting audits.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Assist in the breakfast area or assist guests with luggage when staffing assistance is required or during peak periods.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous customer service experience or equivalent training required.
- Knowledge of PMS systems preferred.
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive wages for full time and part time opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Referral Bonus Program
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standingfor extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25pounds, bending andreaching; stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
The Sanctuary Beach Resort is an oceanfront Monterey Bay resort and hotel set on 19 acres of Pacific shoreline in Marina, California. A rare Monterey Bay hotel on the beach, The Sanctuary invites guests to fall asleep to the soothing surf from their private waterfront cottage.
Nestled between Monterey Bay and the protected Marina Dunes Preserve, The Sanctuary Beach Resort’s 60 contemporary cottage guest rooms and suites offer more than just uninterrupted, panoramic views from private decks or patios.
The Sanctuary Beach Resort is a secluded getaway that provides unmatched access to California’s beautiful Central Coast region. The location beckons both coastal road trippers as well as single-destination vacationers. Bringing top-of-the-line meeting and event spaces to the waterfront, The Sanctuary is also the perfect backdrop for business retreats, weddings and other celebrations.
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.