Menlo Park, CA
posted May 26, 2023
$80,000 to $90,000 per year
Senior Group Sales Manager – Hotel Nia, Marriott Autograph CollectionPotential Career Path:
Associate Director of Sales - Director of Sales – Area Director of SalesBenefits & Perks:
- Quarterly Incentive Program (uncapped potential)
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 401(k) Retirement Program
- Paid time off (Vacation / Sick / Paid Holidays)
- HSA Spending Account
- Dependent Care Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance and AD&D (employer paid)
- Daily Employee Meals (employer paid)
- Monthly Parking (employer paid)
- Marriott Employee Discounts (Rooms and F&B)
- Cell phone reimbursement program
A Senior Group Sales Manager at the Hotel Nia, Autograph Collection has you involved in a variety of tasks while working with a number of team members and clients. Everyday has a routine, but no two are ever quite the same.
We’re seeking someone with creativity and high energy who comes with passion for uncovering new business, rethinking old strategies, and connecting interpersonally with clients both inside and outside the organization. The ideal candidate has proven results in achieving revenue goals while also providing exceptional client service with clients, vendors and other team members.
You’ll need self-management and analytical skills, along with the ability to maintain your composure under stress. We want someone who comes with passion for selling, establishing benchmarks for success, and working interdepartmentally to exceed client expectations.Responsibilities:
This position involves all aspects of the sales process: prospecting, preparation, presentation, listening, negotiation, handling objections, follow-up and closing. You will be part of a seasoned team that will support you and work with you to help ensure that your groups coming in will return time after time.
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new clients, industry organizations and Marriott network to enable future bookings. Activities include sales calls, entertainment, trade shows, participating in industry member organizations, etc.
- Develops and manages relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and knows how to sell against them.
- Executes designated sales strategies to develop and solicit specific accounts to achieve revenue goals.
- Strives to achieve personal and hotel revenue goals.
- Closes the best opportunities for the hotel based on market conditions and hotel needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Maintains and grows business of existing accounts and identifies and develops new markets.
- Manages group or interpersonal conflicts effectively.
- Conducts creative, thoughtful, and impactful site inspections.
- Interacts with clients to obtain feedback on product quality and service levels.
- Handles client concerns and obstacles. Partners with department leaders to resolve issues and gain client satisfaction.
- Executes and supports Marriott’s Customer Service Standards and hotel’s Brand Standards.
- Executes and owns the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, client correspondence).
- Executes exemplary client service to drive client satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the client and ensuring their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the client by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations.
- Minimum two years hotel experience is highly preferred (or related hospitality industry)
- Marriott hotel and CI/TY Sales System experience is preferred
- Luxury hotel experience is preferred
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
HHM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, religion, disability, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other group protected by law.
Current Job Openings
Current Job Openings
- Director of Housekeeping
- Night Audit Supervisor
- Catering Sales Manager
- Guest Service Agent
- Director of Engineering
- Sales Coordinator
- Accounting Clerk
- Pool Bartender
- Director of People Support
- Restaurant Supervisor
- Accepting Applications - Hourly Hotel Positions
- Senior Group Sales Manager
- SMERF Sales Manager
- Engineer (Hotel Maintenance)
- Housekeeping Manager
- Food and Beverage Director
- Lead Banquet Cook
- People Support Coordinator
- Banquet Houseperson
- Banquet Supervisor
- Public Area Attendant
- Host / Hostess
- Restaurant Cook