Rand Tower Minneapolis
posted May 21, 2023
Opportunity: Director of Housekeeping
Effectively lead and control housekeeping operations and staff, ensuring hotel rooms and public spaces are clean and well maintained in accordance with brand and/or HHM operations and financial standards. Create a work environment whereby housekeeping staff feels genuinely valued and appreciated for their efforts that are critical to creating an overall positive experience for the guests.
Potential Career Path
Area Director of Housekeeping – Assistant General Manager – General Manager
Essential Job Functions
- Interview, select, train, schedule, coach, and support associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Maintain an effective inspection program for hotel rooms, public and other assigned areas.
- Oversee or prepare schedules consistent with hotel occupancy and updated forecasts and/or notify third party vendor of weekly staffing needs.
- Observe and monitor staff performance to meet established productivity and cleanliness standards.
- Monitor inventory and submit periodic inventory orders to ensure supplies are purchased in a timely manner.
- Monitor and creatively communicate guest service scores to drive improvement and higher guest satisfaction.
- Conduct daily pre-shift meetings to effectively communicate to and celebrate with the housekeeping staff.
- Comply with HHM internal audit standards pertaining to key control and risk management areas (I.E. lost and found, key control, and guest room safety).
- Maintain positive working relationships with vendors and third-party contract labor.
- Maintain departmental expenses in line with budget and forecasts.
- Ensure compliance with brand standards, if applicable.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits; follow MSDS and OSHA standards; wear protective safety equipment and participate in safety committees as directed.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Two years previous housekeeping supervisor experience required.
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays and weekends or occasional alternate shifts.
- Requires standing for extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25 pounds, bending and reaching, stooping, kneeling or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
Current Job Openings
Current Job Openings
- Room Service Server
- Public Area Attendant
- Accounting Clerk
- Guest Service Agent
- Front Desk Supervisor
- Bartender - Bar Rufus
- Cocktail Server - Bar Miaou Miaou / Bar Rufus by Daniel Del Prado
- Breakfast Server - Blondette by Daniel Del Prado
- Accepting Applications - Hourly Hotel Positions
- General Manager
- Host - Blondette by Daniel Del Prado
- Bartender - Blondette
- Director of Sales
- Assistant Front Office Manager
- House Attendant
- Director of People Support
- Banquet Server
- Executive Chef
- Director of Housekeeping