The Hotel Dena
posted May 26, 2023
$17.00 to $19.00 per hour
Opportunity: Guest Service Agent
Greet, register and service guests in a friendly and courteous manner according to hotel/brand and sustainability standards.
Potential Career Path
Front Desk Supervisor or Sales Coordinator – Front Office Manager or Sales Manager
- Immediately greet guest and offer to assist with their needs.
- Register and assign guests to hotel rooms.
- Establish method of payment and verify credit.
- Make and confirm reservations.
- Compute bills, collect payments, and make change for guests.
- Transmit and receive messages, using telephones or PMS system.
- Respond to guest requests in a timely manner.
- Receive and resolve guest complaints, elevating to supervisor if necessary.
- Secure guests' valuables in hotel safe or safe-deposit boxes, if not available in guest rooms.
- Perform bookkeeping activities, such as balancing accounts and conducting audits.
- Be aware of guest satisfaction scores and work toward increasing departmental and overall guest satisfaction.
- Follow sustainability guidelines and practices related to HHM’s EarthView program.
- Practice safe work habits, wear protective safety equipment and follow MSDS and OSHA standards.
- Assist in the breakfast area or assist guests with luggage when staffing assistance is required or during peak periods.
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous customer service experience or equivalent training required.
- Knowledge of PMS systems preferred.
HHM Benefits and Perks
- Competitive wages for full time and part time opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Referral Bonus Program
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include working on holidays, weekends and alternate shifts.
- Requires standingfor extended periods, walking, pushing, lifting up to 25pounds, bending andreaching; stooping, kneeling, or crouching.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
Nestled in a prime location, Sheraton Pasadena Hotel seamlessly blends upscale comfort with modern convenience. Our hotel is ideally situated adjacent to both the Pasadena Convention Center and the Pasadena Civic Auditorium for quick access to events. You'll love being walking distance from abundant shopping, dining and entertainment in Old Town. For adventures that'll take you beyond a short walk, we offer a complimentary local area shuttle to the city's landmarks, including the Rose Bowl. Stay connected with our full-service, 24-hour business center offering complimentary high-speed Wi-Fi. Keep in shape with cardio and weight training equipment at the modern Sheraton Fitness. Make yourself comfortable and relax on our plush beds while watching your TV or upgrade to a suite for extra space to spread out. After a busy day, enjoy California-style dining at the Restaurant Soleil, then lounge by the heated outdoor swimming pool. Experience an excellent stay at Sheraton Pasadena Hotel.