posted May 24, 2023
The Accounting Manager will assist with the supervision and coordination of the accounting operations of the property. Daily responsibilities will include compiling, reviewing, reconciling, preparing and analyzing financial data and transactions to ensure accurate and timely financial information. The Accounting Manager will also be responsible for managing the audit function of the property to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Director of Finance in the day-to-day financial operation of The Joule including the support of accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash machine, income journal and purchasing/receiving.
- Effectively advocate Finance Department programs and policies to Department Heads and colleagues
- Monitor the status of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, supporting where necessary.
- Submit and maintain contracts, leases and agreements and ensure compliance with their requirements.
- Manage capital project submissions through completion.
- Lead the onboarding of financial platforms for new colleagues and continued development of current colleagues.
- Ensure financial compliance with all internal and external audits.
- Contribute to the analysis and interpretation of financial results.
- Assist with interviewing, training, scheduling, coaching, and supporting associates, ensuring they perform in accordance with established brand or hotel standards and consistent with HHM core values.
- Continuously strive for improvement of processes and efficiency
- Coordinate with other department leaders to improve accounting processes and best practices.
- Promptly follow-up on all guest needs and inquiries in an efficient and expedient manner.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Two to four-year college degree or equivalent education/experience.
- 3+ years' experience in a related or management position.
- Hotel experience preferred.
HHM Benefits and Perks
- Competitive wages for full time and part time opportunities
- Medical, Dental and Vision Health Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- 401k Company Match
- Free Basic Life Insurance
- Travel Discounts
- Commuter Transit and Commuter Parking Benefits
- Employee Assistance and Wellness Program
- Educational/Professional Development
- Referral Bonus Program
Work Environment and Context
- Work schedule varies and may include occasionally working on holidays, weekends.
- Required to sit for extended periods, lift up to 10 pounds, bend, reach, use hands and fingers to operate keyboard.
What We Believe
People Are Our Capability – Hearts That Serve – Only Excellence – Stay Nimble - Own It
The Joule is a revitalized 1920s neo-Gothic landmark building set in the heart of Dallas’ central business district. With dramatic art installations, unique retail boutiques, a world-class spa, clever design, award-winning food and drinks and some of the best service in town, The Joule is seen as the city’s cultural epicenter. Adjacent to the Dallas Arts District and the flagship Neiman Marcus, the hotel is perfectly positioned when guests finally do venture out of the hotel’s communal embrace.
Current Job Openings
Current Job Openings
- Night Auditor
- Cook - CBD Provisions
- Banquet Server
- Host - CBD Provisions
- Accounting Manager
- Housekeeping House Attendant
- Guest Service Agent
- Room Attendant / Housekeeper
- Pool Attendant Server
- Cook - Sassetta
- Catering Sales Manager
- Spa Supervisor
- Spa Coordinator
- Lobby Bartender
- Engineer - Hotel Maintenance
- Massage Therapist
- Bartender - Midnight Rambler
- Banquet Bartender
- Host - Midnight Rambler Bar
- Banquet Houseperson
- Food Runner / Busser - Sassetta
- Turndown Attendant
- Public Area Attendant