Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Washington, DC/Downtown
Join our growing company at the Fairfield Inn and Suites Washington DC Downtown
posted April 29, 2023
As a Front Desk Agent you will be responsible for greeting and registering guests and checking guests out of the hotel in the hotel's continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
- Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as outlet hours and local attractions.
- Complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information with routine difficulty from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Promote Hilton marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Requires continual standing and movement throughout front office area.
- Verify credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Perform accurate, moderately complex arithmetic functions using a calculator. Post charges to guest rooms and house accounts using the computer.
- Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear English communication. Input messages into the computer. Retrieve messages and communicate the content to the guest. Retrieve mail, small packages and facsimiles for customers as requested.
- Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
- Remain calm and alert, especially during emergency and/or heavy hotel activity, and resolve complications such as location changes or credit issues.
- Field guest complaints, conducting through research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgement and discretion.
- Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts.
- Ability to stand and move throughout front office and continuously perform essential job functions.
- Ability to read, listen and communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system.
- Hearing and visual ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school or any other combination of education, training or experience that provides the required knowledge skills and abilities.
- No prior experience required. Prior hospitality experience preferred.
- All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well groomed appearance (specific standards available).
- Applicants with additional language skills preferred.